DESFORD HERITAGE FESTIVAL 2022
This July there will be an incredible celebration in Desford which will see the village divided up into multi-period time zones.
From Roman to C20th and everything in between. The weekend will be filled with encampments, re-enactors, musicians, street actors, entertainers, singers and of course there will be plenty of fabulous food and drink too.
Dozens of local community groups and businesses are involved from sponsorship to hosting and organising. It's also the official launch of the new Desford Heritage Trail, when 16 new heritage boards will be unveiled, showcasing and memorialising aspects of Desford's history
Festival Programmes will be available to purchase at a cost of £5. The programme outlines all the attractions and timed events on offer throughout the weekend and will gain you entry to workshops, encampments, and concerts.
• Vintage Funfair rides
• Themed local pubs, 1940s café
• Local food vendors
• WW1 and WW2 barracks
• Green spaces with Medieval encampments
• Military re-enactment groups
• Desford Colliery Band
• Tudor sports and costumed entertainers
• Evening event ‘Hits of the Blitz’
• Victorian school life experience
• Maypole and Morris dancing
• Victorian tea rooms + period actors
• Desford’s 'Pop-up' Museum + vintage vehicles
• Heraldry and Genealogy workshops
.....and so much more
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
Keep up to date with all the latest festival news